How do I know that I am eligible to participate?
There are two Smart Thermostat Program seasons: summer and winter. We’ll enroll you in whichever season(s) you’re eligible for based on the fuel service you receive from Consumers Energy along with your eligible heating and/or cooling equipment. To join, you must meet the following requirements:
To participate in either seasonal program, you must:
- Be an active Consumers Energy residential customer.
- Have eligible heating and/or cooling equipment installed in your home. (Your thermostat will run a check for this once you install it.)
- Keep the thermostat connected to an always-on Wi-Fi network. (Intermittent Wi-Fi outages do not affect your eligibility.)
To participate in the summer program, you must:
- Receive electricity service from Consumers Energy.
- Use your smart thermostat to control your central A/C.
- Not already be participating in a disqualifying Consumers Energy rate or program
To participate in the winter program*, you must:
- Receive natural gas service from Consumers Energy.
- Use your smart thermostat to control your gas furnace.
*The winter season enrollment is for a limited time only.
Still have questions? Email us at SmartThermostatSupport@ConsumersEnergyStore.com
Last Update: March 5, 2019
16 people found this helpful, did you?